Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I'm Lousy at Growing Vegetables and Tomatoes..But!

Ever since I was a little girl, I remember my grandparents and my parents having a huge vegetable garden in the back..which they would spend a bit of time every evening -watering, relaxing, and enjoying the sundown time in the summer. Followed by canning and enjoying the fruits of their labors..fresh vegetables for meals, and sharing the extras with the neighbors. For me, this task/attempt, has been a huge dissapointment. If the deer don't eat my veggies, then the bugs get them. And when I try to grow them in container pots on my deck, fungus attacks. I feel like such a "loser gardener". Having a Green Thumb is in my blood...why can't I succeed???

On the other hand, as a consolation prise from above perhaps, I sowed a packet of marigold seeds out in front of our house, and now I have Monster Marigolds creeping all over our front sidewalk. I have never seen so many marigolds in one place, including plant stores. Oh well, I guess I still have a lot to learn about gardening. If anyone would like to teach me their gardening skills, I'm way open to learn. Just give me a call, comment, or email.



1 comment:

  1. stick with flowers! with so many farm stands and farmers markets fresh healthy veggies are cheaply availble. unless one has a really sunny yard (or deck), which you don't, it is doubtful that your green thumb will be very successful at veggies....

    ReplyDelete