Monday, October 5, 2009

Do you live in Montgomery County? Then you may want to take advantage of this.



Previously, in a former blog, I have posted a link to the Gaithersburg Alert System, that you can sign up for on the internet, state your cell phone numbers or emails, and receive alerts for emergencies and other unusual things that may be useful to be aware of. My husband and I signed up last year and have found the service to be highly useful as well as informative.



Just recently when I went online to report to Montgomery County of a street light outage, I found that Montgomery County offers the same fine service. Being a friend to all of my blog readers, I want to share that with you. You can sign up for alerts to come to your cell phone, pager, home telephone or emails regarding emergency alerts, severe weather warnings, traffic emergencies, school closings and more. You can opt in to each category with a check mark on the types of alerts you wish to receive.



This is a free service, and comes under the Department of Public Safety and Human Rights. To sign up and see the services offered, click here.



You may or may not recognize some of our hard working public servants for the state of Maryland, Montgomery County, and Germantown, and Gaithersburg below. Name those faces.... : )





No comments:

Post a Comment