Tuesday, March 3, 2009

So I Digress...A headcold and Snow and Work prompted this







I've been home for just over a week, and its been so nice to sleep in my own bed (love it), with my hubby, and have my electric toothbrush again (I dont know why I love it so), and go though the mail, emails, get 2 new listings and do all the web stuff and brochures also, do laundry, unpack, get sick, go grocery shopping, and have a dinner/bunco party for 20 on Saturday night. I cooked Polish/Czech food...all homemade, and we had a wonderful evening Saturday night.

Then the snow came too- which was very pretty, very cold, but ok. Since we havent really seen it all winter yet. It did postpone a visit to my inlaws in VA though. But that will happen soon.

Anyway, I wanted to blog on Panama, and it has gotten waylayed by everyday life and the laziness/recovery of being sick. But I'm better now, and wanted to share this site with everyone near and dear in Gaithersburg, or Germantown or where ever/whomever could benefit from emergency alerts, for whatever reason. We watched "24" tonight again, and being so close to the White House, I guess you can't be too careful. You can sign up for email and phone alerts to emergencies at http:alert.gaithersburgmd.gov or 301-258-6310. I'm doing it tonight myself.

"When an incident or emergency occurs, authorized senders will instantly notify you using Alert Gaithersburg, which is your personal connection to real-time updates, instructions on where to go, what to do, or what not to do, who to contact and other important information. Note that emergency messages from Montgomery County's Homeland Security Department will also be sent via the Alert Gaithersburg system." I learned of this at a Gaithersburg Chamber of Commerce function...it really wasn't prompted by my watching the latest episode of "24".

The snow was really pretty and fluffy and not so hard to shovel today too..thank goodness sunshine followed the storm. It made for a nice day outside to shovel, and Mara took some lovely pics and they are on her facebook site. Paul spent the day wheeling and dealing on the phone, and it looks like a friend of Adrians got a good deal on a house today. A great deal for a lovely couple! It wouldn't have happened a year ago the way the market was. So, the Panama story will continue soon...but not tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment