Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Game That Fights Hunger

So I was going through an old magazine that was passed to me by my mother in law, and found this bit of a gem. Not only is it fun and educational, but it helps feed the hungry of the world through the United Nations Food Program, and is paid for by it's sponsors. I hope you will share this with your family and friends. It's an easy and fun way to help those in need. It's geared toward kids, but seriously, with all the different levels, I think we adults could also learn from this site..I know I did. Take a look.

I will share the link with you from the Good Housekeeping Magazine, December 2008 issue (page 103)..." This online quiz for kids 8 and up launched last year as a vocab builder with a charitable twist: For each correct word match, sponsors donate 20 grains of rice to the United Nations' World Food Program. At press time, FreeRice had raised over 44 billion grains- enough to feed more than two million people for a day."

"With thousands of fans on Facebbok and competitions, countrywide, the site now includes questions on artists, world capitals, and chemistry symbols too. If your kid's not yet a regular, ask her to try her skill - and spark a lifelong habit of learning and giving."

To have some fun, and learn, and give, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment